Cartagena is a wonderful city to explore the culinary delights of Colombia. Offering internationally recognized chefs and great traditional and cheap meals; Cartagena has a little something for everyone. Whether you are in the mood for simple fish from a local kiosko or a five-course gourmet meal, the old colonial city of Cartagena will surely satisfy your biggest hunger cravings. Come and enjoy. Here is a list of our top places to grab a bite or sweet treat.
- La Cevicheria: Offering some of the city’s most delicious ceviche and wonderful paella, this restaurant offers moderate prices, fresh fish and great service.
- La Dulceria: This small sweets shop is a great place to have a quick lunch or afternoon snack. On top of their delicious desserts, La Dulceria is known for their sandwiches.
- El Kiosko del Bony: Just outside of Hotel El Caribe, this beachside kiosko is known for serving up some of the city’s most delicious and affordable fish.
- El Bistro: A quaint restaurant that features an ever-changing menu based on the freshest local ingredients available, EL Bistro offers simple and delicious dishes at a very reasonable price. Lunch gets very busy so head in early or make a reservation.
- Quebracho: A traditional Argentine steakhouse, Quebracho offers some of the city’s best meats. The Parrila grilled dishes are superb and the staff is friendly and helpful.
No matter what you are in the mood for, the wide array of restaurants in Cartagena will most definitely provide you with the perfect options.